Thursday, March 23, 2017

The Most Important Thing.....

Man.. I have got to start eating dinner when normal people eat.  I grabbed a few fries from my girls when I picked up the youngest from hubby who got home today!!!  Can I get a yahoo?!?!?!?!?! I was full-ish, probably because fries are a weakness and honestly, I didn't eat a few.  I ate almost all of them.  I have no self control. Fast forward 4 hours and I'm hungry... again.  Don't worry, I won't ask for anyone to get me a bowl of cereal, but I'm pretty sure I see a bowl of that in my future again even though it's almost 10:00 PM! hahaha

The other day I wandered over to see Angela at Slowing Down the Moments and found a post inspired by The Important Book by Margaret Wise Brown.  It was about her daughter and it was beautiful.  Since I teach writing enrichment during our school-wide intervention block, my wheels started turning.  So this week, to kick off my new group of 2nd graders, we read The Important Book.  Then, students were allowed to choose what they wanted to write about.  Here's what they had to say:
 A tree.

 Water.

 A car.

 A tree.
 This was our K friend who joins us!  I love what she said about her house.

 A clock.

A bed.

I guess if I was doing this right now it would be The most important thing about dinner is that you EAT IT, at an appropriate time. hahahahaha

Happy *almost* Friday, Friends!!

3 comments:

  1. HOORAY for writing about IMPORTANT things. Thanks for a nudge to use The Important Book as a mentor text. Glad to see you back slicing this year, too, Maria!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea! I love this book. I think Kindergarteners will love it too. Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! He's home!
    Yay! Fries are yummy!
    Yay! Terrific writing going on with your little ones!

    ReplyDelete