Friday, March 24, 2017

Safari Part1



Today was the day before spring break starts.  :)  I decided 4 weeks ago that today would be the day of our "Safari".  My students began with choosing an animal to research.  I taught them how to read carefully and tab information that would fit on our chart.  After that, I taught my firsties how to transfer what was tabbed into bulleted notes.  Once that was finished, I modeled how to write a story from the notes.  It's been a looooonnnnnnnggggggggg process, but an amazing one!  Our firsties truly see themselves as authors.  I mean, they really believe it now!  Here are a few snapshots from today.  This weekend I'll give you a more detailed description of what we did. :)






2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read more! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at that writing! Look at that room!
    Wow, Maria!

    ReplyDelete