Saturday, March 4, 2017

Craving

slice of life_individual
Today I spent the day with my youngest sister. This is not something that happens often and our time together was wonderful. Our day started out with snow and Starbucks.  The snow was unexpected but the Starbucks was planned. :)  I'm not a usual Starbucks person but when I go I get a Carmel Apple Spice... minus the spice. hahahaha So it's really steamed apple juice with caramel and whip cream in a grown up cup. After we grabbed our drinks we purchased a donut and headed to The Cincinnati Catholic Women's Conference.  It was a day for both of us to recharge our spiritual wagons.  This was a day much needed for her and for me.... I was just the Lord's vehicle to get her there.  I enjoyed every moment.  We laughed, cried, prayed, confessed, and ended the day with Mass.  This was a day that was spent with over 650 women, all women of faith.  I need more days like this because as I'm getting older, my desire for a better relationship with our Lord is at the top of my list.  I crave this relationship, more than pizza. 

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a really special day. I love your last line!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like the perfect day. Always striving for that better relationship...Glorious work! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Maria, how wonderful!
    And this is beautiful, " I need more days like this because as I'm getting older, my desire for a better relationship with our Lord is at the top of my list."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loralee, it was so wonderful. I LOVED it! I need more of this to stay centered.

      Delete