Sunday, March 5, 2017

Being a Momma

slice of life_individual


Being a momma is H.A.R.D.  Not just hard, but HARD.  Do you know what I mean?  Can I get an Amen?  No matter what we do to love, help, encourage, nurture, cultivate, etc.  Today our middle daughter had a day out with a friend.  Then when she came home expected me to drop everything and send pictures to the store because she needs them for school.........TOMORROW! Not that it was just the weekend or anything.  And that I spent the afternoon at the store and could have definitely added that to my list right alongside the bread and milk.   I tried, tried, and tried to talk with her about the situation.  You know us teachers have to discuss what happened, get to the root, diagnose, and fix. Then, she told me....."Why are you being so bossy."  I mean seriously.  All I asked her to do was to come and talk to me like 12 times.  I guess after the 2nd time I moved from momma to bossy momma.  It just makes me feel like such a failure. And I know this is just the beginning of what we will face in the tween and teen years, but I hate the feeling of letting my kiddos down and feeling like the worst.mom.ever.
After dinner she was fine and went to bed happy, smiling, and giving me hugs and kisses.  Those earlier moments are right now just a memory, but the little hole in my heart is still there.

2 comments:

  1. AMEN. It is hard. I just had this happen with my adult daughter--and I just couldn't fix it. I just to let the situation play out and pray for peace in my heart.

    It will be fine. (My mom said this many times as I was growing up and she was never wrong.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an incredible mom, Maria.

    ReplyDelete