Tuesday, March 7, 2017

I Am Clean



I am clean.  You're probably thinking....What?!?!?!?!?!
I don't mean showered with the smell of freshness.
I mean soul cleaned. I am clean on the inside now.
Tonight I took our two oldest daughters and headed to a Reconciliation Service at church.
We participated in a beautiful service where the priest told a story of getting behind the door with God and going with him to confess your sins.
After the service, we were able to chat with a priest and confess our sins.  And man.... I had a few.  I could have easily sat with the priest for an hour or more.  He was easy to talk to and a great listener. (I think that's part of the job requirement. hahaha) He made me feel comfortable and........ loved. He was affirming and kind.
When you're finished confessing you get absolution of your sins. This is where the priest says a prayer and Jesus takes your sins away. As soon as his hand touched my head to absolve me from my sins, there was a warmth that came over my chest.  I felt closer to God.  I'm still feeling it right now.
I feel clean.  I am clean. At least for now....... :)

8 comments:

  1. Love this! I am glad you came away with a feeling of peace and assurance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this too! It's one of my favorite parts of LuthEd. Wednesdays we get to experience chapel. That time to reset during the week is so powerful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a wonderful way to recharge and reset during the week. So nice you can do that.

      Delete
  3. Teary. Amazing grace and love flows from our Savior.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does, it does. He's a gracious and forgiving Father.

      Delete
  4. Your joy comes through this piece so clearly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amanda. I really felt at peace afterwards and it was a great feeling.

      Delete