Tuesday, February 16, 2016

10 Year Old in the House!

I can't believe I'm the mom of a 10 year old. Yes, you read that right, a 10 year old!  I don't feel old enough to have a child that is 10, but the reality is..... it's true.

It's been a wonderful 10 years with our oldest.  She's grown into such a fun, loving, carefree (sometimes too much for me), beautiful, precious little lady. She's an avid reader to the point where I have to ban books as punishment.  She LOVES all animals, real and stuffed.   It feels like I just blinked and here she is... 10.  On her birthday I told her all about the day she was born.  How we didn't even have a car seat!  I know!  Thankfully, my sisters went and bought us one as well as washed clothes so we would have something to bring her home in. First time momma.... and a baby that came three weeks early, we weren't ready.

In honor of your 10th sweet girl a little letter from your momma.

I am blessed to call you my daughter.  The day we found out we were expecting you, I knew you would grow to be a phenomenal woman.  Even though you are still a "kid", I can see the glimmer of what you will be like when you are grown and it's a beautiful picture. You have a personality that lights up a room.  You have an abundance of friends because of this personality. You are so loved.  I pray that you will stay true to your faith.  Keep the Lord close to your heart and mind.  He will guide you in all your ways and be with you even when things get tough.  Here's to another year of amazingness!  :)  I love you sweet girl.

 



1 comment: