Sunday, April 20, 2014

Listen

So today I was going to blog about the glorious day today is supposed to be.  I was also going to add in my opinions about people checking their phones during church.  But, I will save that for another day. 

Today I'm going to blog about.... listening.  Once we returned from church, a beautiful and PACKED service, we received some devastating news that a friend of ours had gone to live with the Lord.  While I know this is what happens.  The Lord will take you when he's ready for you, it has hit me like a ton of bricks.  I wasn't prepared for this.  I wasn't ready.  I'm still in a bit of shock.  It feels very surreal. 

Here's why I'm posting about Listening.  The last few days, I've been meaning to call my friend, but for one reason or another, I didn't.  He had been popping into my thoughts, even this morning.  The Lord was speaking to me in the quietest moments to call him, but I didn't listen.  So today, I ask you to listen.  Listen to the Lord when he nudges you to do something.  Listen to Him when he wants you to make a change.  Listen to Him through your children.  Just be still and listen.  He's there.  He's working on us.  Just..... listen. 

1 comment: